EBF exists to glorify God (Rom. 11:36; 1 Pet. 4:11) by making disciples of Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:38-39) through the proclamation of the gospel (Rom. 1:16; Col. 1:3-7) in dependence upon His Spirit (Gal. 5:5; Eph. 6:18).
The desire and purpose of EBF is to glorify God by providing all peoples the opportunity to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, to respond by faith in Him, and to live in obedience to Him.
- The inerrant Word of God is central to all that we believe and do.
- Jesus Christ is the living Lord of His church.
- True ministry is dependent upon the operation of the Holy Spirit.
- Pastoral staff are "player-coaches," and their function is to encourage believers to fulfill their ministry.
- Ministry, Mission, and Worship are lifestyles that we encourage, not simply activities which take place in our building.
- The responsibility for leadership is shared by our elders, who seek to discern what God would have us do as servants/leaders, without rank or hierarchy.
- Heart attitudes and holy relationships are more important than mere form or tradition.
- The family is created as one of God's primary institutions, which we seek to encourage and strengthen.
- We believe that Christians are empowered by God to be people of spiritual benefit in their neighborhood and community.
- Financial commitment to this ministry is based on faith in the Lord and the joy of giving to the Kingdom of God.
- We are committed to walking in the Spirit, meaning each of us is called to glorify God with our whole life.